Working online is not really a new trend especially with the dependence that we all have with the internet. Apart from the convenience that this medium has offered in terms of improving or in maintaining social contacts one can even use social networking sites like Facebook and twitter to promote ones business or service or even ones blog.
With the millions that log on every second to check out their Facebook site or to read the latest updates on Twitter for a celebrity that they follow the chances of a business getting noticed is very high.
Let us look at the best ways to make Social Media Marketing possible.
- The first most important way is to identify the target audience for ones product or service. This helps to prepare the blog or the advertisement to promote the product and ensuring that the ads are clear and make a point is very important. Social networking sites offer paid ads and one can track the number of interested visitors to the link offered with the advertisement.
- The links to the site must always work and this must be checked and maintained regularly. Good web hosting options must be considered so that additional traffic to the site does not slow it down.
- Subscriptions to newsletters help in keeping browsers interested especially when there is a chance of discounts and offers. Emails and other contact ids can be maintained easily with software’s and these must be regularly edited to remove uninterested contacts and to add new ones.
- Sites like Facebook and Twitter are constantly evolving and updating themselves with new software’s and applications. These innovations help online businesses to expand as well.
- Use these sites to build and to conserve contacts and this should be focused on more than just advertising. Twitter and Facebook allow the interaction between the advertiser and the browser and making use of this is a great way to add some interactive conversation and insights into ones business in a different way.
- Open a Facebook page for your business interests while maintaining a personal account as well. A business [age has limitations set by the site but a personal page will allow interaction on a better level which is great for maintaining contacts with clients as well as potential clients.
- Use all the techniques available with social media to promote ones business. The blog on twitter can have mention of the business, inter-post between social media sites and also add links to the site to ones email signature.
- There are some social media tools and applications that allow a business owner to post comments and updates and even information on multiple social networking sites at the same time. One can even pre schedule blogs and tweets in advance.
- The most important point that we are trying to drive home is that maintaining a relationship with a client is a sure way to keep the interest going. A social networking site will only offer information on a product but asking for a clients email id will help to keep in touch and keep them informed as well.
- A good way to make out the impact of the efforts that you have put into this is by measuring the ROI. This can be done by noting Blog Comments, Newsletter Subscriptions, Numbers of Followers on a site etc.
Investing time and effort in these social sites is a worthwhile investment for the future as these are the seeds that will bear fruit in terms of sales.